There are multiple reasons of the UAN login link not working. Some of them are mentioned as under:
- Since December 2016, EPFO is moving its data to a new website and it’s all getting synced with the new link of UAN – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Through the link mentioned above you can very easily know and activate your UAN, change the personal details and update your KYC.
- The website is under constant maintenance and due to which also it runs slowly.
There are few things you can do to login properly.
Step 1 – Check the details properly that you are using to log in. The credentials must be correct and only then you will be able to retrieve the page. Besides, go to the correct link and then login. Due to multiple links, there is a lot of confusion created but with the link mentioned above you will be able to login. In case you are still not able to get through, feel free to speak to the UAN helpdesk as they can guide you in a better manner. You can write in to firstname.lastname@example.org or register your concerns on the Helpdesk link for further support.
- The EPF UAN Helpdesk Number is 1800 1180 05
- The Helpdesk Email Id is email@example.com
Step 2 – In case you have forgotten for password, you can reset that again and then log in to the portal. Follow the steps below to retrieve the same:
- Visit the official website of EPFO – or the Unified portal link as mentioned above.
- Hit “Forgot Password”
- Punch in the UAN and the captcha code and “Verify”.
- You will now be able to see the mobile number as is linked to the UAN. In case you don’t want to change it, you can press “No”
- Now you can hit the link “Get Authorized Pin” and you will now receive the OTP.
- Enter this OTP
- You will now be required to punch in the New Password. Please note, while creating the password ensure that the minimum you can go up to 7 and maximum 20 characters. Use a minimum of 4 Alphabets – out of which one should be capital and one small letter – , 2 numbers and 1 special character. For example – “Abcd@12”
- Confirm the password that you just now created and submit
- Now a new window will pop up with the message that the password is now changed successfully.
- Login to the UAN website with the UAN and the password you just created.
In case you have changed the mobile number and don’t even remember the password, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Follow the first three steps of the process above.
- The registered mobile number as linked to your UAN will appear and in case you want to change it you have to click NO.
- Another screen will appear wherein you will be required to enter and verify your name, gender and birth date. In case the details do not match you will have to check with your employer and find out if Aadhaar and PAN Card number that are linked to the UAN are accurate.
- Authenticate the details that are mentioned against PAN or Aadhaarcard and again Verify by clicking near the Document ID.
- Once the details are authenticated, enter in your new mobile number and hit“Get OTP”
- Enter the OTP that you received and punch in your new password and then reconfirm the same again.
- Now that the Password is changed successfully you can Login with your newly created password.
Step 3 – You can also get in touch with your employer to assist you with the UAN login. Make sure that your UAN is activated.