Finding a UAN number without the PF number is not possible as PF is an important thing to generate your UAN number. You can get your PF number from your company and you can get in touch with the HR of your company to get the same. Rather you must check your salary slips as UAN and PF account number is mentioned there as well. And be assured that your employer cannot hold your PF since it is mandatory by the government.
In case your employer is not depositing the amount of PF, he would be required to pay the lump sum amount along with the interest as accrued by the PF department. To find the UAN you can follow any of the two procedures:
- Refer the link http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/42534-how-know-my-pf-account-no.html
- You would be now able to receive your PF number and can check the UAN status by entering your PF number and completing the process of registration
- After registration, activate your UAN by punching in your details such as Mobile number, and all the other details as required in the form and then “Get PIN” to receive the OTP on your number.
- After entering the OTP, the activation of your UAN stands completed.
- Once the activation process is through, visit the UAN member portal and log in using the UAN and the password you selected at the time of registration.
- Go to the homepage now and download your passbook.
- Please note the latest passbook will only be available after 4 days of new activation.
- It is the prerogative of the HR to provide you the PF number and if they are not able to do so, you can directly file a complaint to the PF office.
In case you want to avoid the RTI method, you can use the other method and find the UAN number. The process is:
- Visit the official link of the Unified Portal: https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/
- Click on “Know your UAN Status” and fill in the details as required in the PF form.
- You would be now able to check the UAN number.