EPFO has made further improvements as it moved it portal post February 2017 to the Unified portal of PF. Therefore, the subscribers might face complications in functioning the site. Though the new portal is operational since 2017 April but still there are a couple of links which might not be fully functional. This new Unified portal is believed to be very easy to work on and user friendly.
What are the various issues that you might face on the new portal?
1. If the following message appears “Failed to change password” you can use the following solutions
- The pin you are entering might be incorrect.
- The confirmed password may not be as same as the New Password.
2. If you get this message “This site can’t be reached” try the solution:
- The reason could be your internet connection so see if any other website is working or not and if not working, reset your internet connection.
- Also the issue could be from the end of UAN server as there could be some problem or there could be a lot of subscribers using it at the same time.
3. If you get the error message “Close Connection Error” the reason could be the UAN server error again. Try again after some time.
Don’t fret is you find the errors listed above. These are all technical errors and there is no fault from the end of subscribers. Try again later and surely things will work out.
Some of the reasons you are not able to download the UAN passbook are as under:
- In case you have just registered on the UAN portal, you will be able to download your passbook the next day of your registration.
- In case you have modified the password or the credentials, you will be able to download your passbook the next day of the modification you have done.
- In case your employer has not yet uploaded the E-Challan on the portal of EPF you won’t be able to download your passbook.
- Technical problems on the website could restrict you to download your EPF passbook. So you can attempt again or try few more times.
- The traffic during the peak hours is more. Practically between 10 am and 4 pm so avoid this time and select some other time to download the passbook.
- You might need to wait for 4 days after the submission of your request. You can also contact the UAN helpline if you are still unable to download the passbook after 4 days.
- Server downtime could be one of the reasons. So in case you are not able to get through to the page for a long duration, don’t fret. Contact the help desk to get more help.
How would you get assistance for downloading the EPF passbook?
As of now the website is getting revamped and is not fully operational. There is no information as to when would the website be fully upgraded so wait for some more days and then once it’s fully functional you can download your passbook.
You can reach out the Toll Free Number 1800 1180 05 if you need any assistance in downloading your EPF Passbook. Please note, you would have to call from your authorized contact number and also between 9:15 am and 5:45 pm. Due to heavy call flow, the number could be busy so you can try again later.
In case you want to know your EPF balance, you can give a missed call to 011 22 90 14 06 from your authorized contact number. As a temporary relief, you can log on with the credentials just like that of UAN member portal and download your passbook. The link for the same is https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/LoginServlet
As a matter of fact you cannot download the EPF Passbook, as there is no such option available but you can rather select the Print option and Change the “Destination” to “Save as PDF”. This way you will have the passbook copy with you whenever you need it.
Try the EPFO App for Android users to download the passbook
The EPFO subscribers can now download the EPFO app from the Google Play Store. This app is available for android users as of now. After your UAN is activated, you can check your passbook on the app itself. So before you download the app, make sure that your UAN is activated. This EPF app is very resourceful and in case the UAN portal is not functioning well, the App can help you check out the EPF balance and passbook.