The Payment of PF is now only accepted through online medium and therefore the challan generation is done through the Unified portal of EPFO only. Once this payment is made the status is shown pending for some time and it creates a confusion if the payment is accepted or not. To check the status, the employee may have to login later and recheck or can also check the same using the TRRN, wherein you can get the receipt of the payment without even logging in to the portal. The PF TRRN refers to the Temporary Return Reference Number. It is created as reference to the payment of Electronic Challan cum Return – ECR. You can make the payment of EPF through the unified portal of UAN and the E-Sewa portal.
How can you check the payment status from TRRN?
The steps to check the payment status and obtain the payment receipt using the TRRN is as under:
- Visit the official website of EPF India. Go to “Our Services” and choose “For Employers”
- Here you will find two links –
- “TRRN Query (Upto December, 2016)” and
- “EPFO Establishment Search / TRRN Query”.
- In case the challan is generated before the 2016 December and you want to check the status of PF payment, click the “TRRN Query (Upto December, 2016)” link
- Enter your TRRN number and the captcha code to find the status of challan payment of PF. This can also be downloaded in the PF version.
- To find the status of challan paid after December 2016, click on “EPFO Establishment Search / TRRN Query” in the same section.
- A new page will open up wherein you will see “TRRN Search Query”. Click on it and punch in your TRRN along with the Captcha code and enter “Search”
- You will now get the status of PF challan along with the details such as Challan Generation date, Company ID, Company name, type of Challan, number of members, the amount paid, the bank where payment got confirmed, CRN, Payment confirmation date and so on.
- You can download it as a PDF file by clicking on the upper right corner of the page.
How can you check the TRRN Status on Unified Portal?
- Go to the official link of Unified portal – https://unifiedportal-epfo.epfindia.gov.in/publicPortal/no-auth/misReport/home/loadSearchTrrnHome
- Enter your TRRN number and the Captcha Code and Click Search.
- The status of TRRN would be displayed