Knowledge of UAN is very important as now everything related to EPF is dependent on UAN. If you want to withdraw the EPF or even transfer the same or check the balance on EPF, UAN plays a vital role. So now the question is that how can you do the registration of your UAN?
Let us understand the process through the following methods
Method 1 – Through employer
Usually it is the employer who shares the EPFO as allocated to him by the EPFO. Some employers even mention the same in the pay slips as well.
Method 2 – Through the UAN portal with the help of PF member ID
In case your employer has not shared the UAN with you, if you left the employment or some other reasons, you can get the same through the portal as well. Just follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the portal on the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on “Know your UAN status”
- Choose your region and the EPF office within the jurisdiction from the menu and fill in the details such as your PF number, name, birth date, contact number, captcha code and click on “Get Authorized PIN”.
- You will now get a PIN on your registered mobile number which you will enter and press “Validate OTP and get UAN”
- The UAN will now be sent on your registered mobile number.
What is the process to activate the UAN through the member portal?
Once the UAN is registered, the candidate has all the details with the help of which he can log on to the member portal. The candidate would be able to easily activate the UAN through the below mentioned procedures:
To activate your account through the member portal you must follow the steps below:
- Visit the member portal and login
- For activation of UAN, click “Activate UAN”
- Punch in the required details such as PF number, Aadhaar number and PAN card number and the detailed personal information which is as per the EPFO database and you will get the Authorization PIN on your registered contact number.
- You can now login using the UAN and the PIN to access your PF account.
To activate your UAN through the official website of EPF India, follow the below mentioned steps.
If you have the UAN and the PF account number you can activate your UAN easily.
Visit the official website of EPF India: https://epfindia.gov.in and under the “Our services” tab, go to “For Employees”
Under the “Services Section” hit “Member UAN/Online services” and you will be now redirected to the “UAN Portal”
Go to the link “Activate your UAN” which is located just underneath the “Login”
- Enter your details such as UAN and registered contact number and the PF account number. Punch in the Captcha code and click on “Get authorization PIN” after which you shall get a PIN on your number registered with the EPFO.
- Under the Disclaimer, click “I Agree” checkbox and fill in the OTP that you received on your number in the space and then push “Validate OTP and Activate UAN”.
- After the activation of UAN, the password will be send on your number which you can change after you log in to the UAN portal.
The steps to activate the UAN through SMS are as under
You can now activate your UAN through SMS service in which you would be required to send a SMS to 7738299899 through the number as present in the UAN database. The format of the message would be EPFOHO ACT,<12 digit UAN number>,<<22 digit Member ID>> and send to 7738299899.
For example, if your UAN is 878787837471 and Member ID is AABBB76543210001234567, then type EPFOHO ACT, 123456789876, XXYYY12345670007654321 and send to the number mentioned above.
The steps to activate UAN through EPFO e-SEWA Android APP are as under:
The m-epf app is now available for the Android users who can use it for the activation of UAN:
- Just open the app and click “Activate UAN and Balance/Passbook”.
- On the Screen fill in the required details as asked
- Submit and receive an activation PIN
- Login using your UAN and the password and now you can check your Balance and can also perform activities such as withdrawal, transfer and all other activities related to the EPF.
How would you know the status of UAN Login?
All the members of EPFO can easily get the status of their UAN Status by filling up a status form which helps in generation of “Activation PIN” and also as per the procedure above where you will be selecting the “Know your UAN Status” Option. After the verification of your UAN you can log on to the member portal of EPF and see the status of UAN.